Hair extensions are a fast and effective way to turn your short hair into any length you desire practically overnight. While some extensions need to be installed by a professional due to their long-lasting nature, clip-on hair extensions are so simple that anyone can do it to get dramatic new hairstyles.
- Select a color that is appropriate for your style. Hair extensions come in a variety of colors, so you can choose a color that is close to your own so people will not notice the difference or you can make a bold statement by picking an extension that contrasts with your own hair color.
- Choose between curly and straight extensions. Again, this can be a form of personal expression, whether choosing a style that meshes with your current hair or one that stands out as something completely different.
- Measure your hair to ensure that it is long enough to hold the extensions. There is no hard and fast rule about hair length, though it is a wise idea to have several inches of hair so the shortest extensions stay in place. The longer the extension you want, the longer your actual hair needs to be so you can keep it in place.
- Hold the hair clip in your fingers and part your real hair, finding the root. Attach the extention’s clip close enough to the scalp so it will not fall out. Give it enough room so that it is not painful to wear. This may require some trial and error.
- Test the strength of the clip by gently brushing your hair. This will also help incorporate the extension into the real hair. If it does not fall out, you are ready.